Friday, May 14, 2010

Where do I find a pattern to make a doll out of pillow cases?

My late grandmother, hand embroidered 2 pillow cases, that are just sitting around. Several years ago I seen some rag like dolls made of pillow cases. I would like the embroidered part to be the ';pretty'; part of the dress. Can you help, with pictures etc?? ThanksWhere do I find a pattern to make a doll out of pillow cases?
i used to make these dolls. they are a great keepsake. the pattern posted by the person above me isn't a bad one but after looking at it i perfer the McCalls pattern. i looked at their website and it is no longer in print. i belong to a couple of yahoo groups where people post sewing and crafting items for sale. i would ask for the pattern on one of these groups.


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewFree/


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewItsForS鈥?/a>





good luck.Where do I find a pattern to make a doll out of pillow cases?
http://www.geocities.com/jimmysdevoted/f鈥?/a>


Here's one site.
There is a pattern from McCalls to turn a pillow case into a doll. If I remember correctly it is very easy, and the open edge of the pillowcase is the bottom of the dress. I dont know the exact number of the pattern, but I am pretty sure it is still in circulation.
I would think you have to use the pillow cases to make a dress for a doll or pen fore for over the top of the dress. I get a e-mail from simplicity.com a couple times a month and they show me patterns. I am sure there are more sites for patterns like butterick.com and McCall';s.

No comments:

Post a Comment