Friday, May 14, 2010

I have the list of registered offenders. How do I look at the cases to know who is a danger to my kids?

All of the sites that list the registered offenders have a $15 to $25 dollar charge( this includes the justice bureau) to get further information on each offender. I want to differentiate those offenders who had consensual sex with a minor from those who are pedophiles or predators. You can't tell this from the charge listed on the registry in most cases. There are 70 registered offenders in my town. I can't afford to pay for all their files. I wonder if any parents or organizations have a way for me to find this information out.I have the list of registered offenders. How do I look at the cases to know who is a danger to my kids?
Go to the circuit court house with the list of names and ask to see the court file. This is important because if you read the ';information'; You will see the facts that resulted in the filing of the original charge. Most of the time the criminal will plead down to a lesser charge. There is no charge to look at the file at the court house and the clerks are usually very helpful. Also, the offenders in most states are required to register with the local police. Call the public information dept of the police dept and they may also be able to give you details if you have questions after reading the file at the ct. house.I have the list of registered offenders. How do I look at the cases to know who is a danger to my kids?
On the list they are a danger to my kids!!!!!
I would like to know that also so please Email me when you find out,Greatly appreciated
Your State's Official Website should be able to give you a link to your State's Sex offender registry--it's free--this is nothing you should pay for! My State's website even tells the charge----





Take this link : http://www.acic.org/soff/index.php





Type in ';Little Rock'; in the City box and in the ';State'; box, put AR....then select a name. I can get a picture and the convicted offense.....





Run a search of (your State) Sex Offender registry and see what you can come up with that would be free. Good luck!








If you can't find the exact charge, then the best bet is to try to keep your child away from all sex offenders, better safe than sorry.
You could try checking their police records. That would give you a good Idea who was who.
There is a great website created by John Walsh of America's Most Wanted. All you do is type in your address and it will pull up all of the offenders in your vicinity. I believe all of the offenders on the site even have photographs so you can show your children who to watch out for.





Be safe!!





http://www.familywatchdog.us/
The National Sex Offender Registry states what crime was committed than there are places on the site you can read to find out what the crime means
um try this site www.familywatchdog.us its free and its pretty kool!

No comments:

Post a Comment