Friday, May 14, 2010

What was the youngest and oldest ages of reported HIV positive cases?

I'm doing a report for school, and I'd like to have a little more information in case I get asked such questions. The youngest known case seems to be thirteen but I'm not sure, and I think the eldest HIV positive person was 98 or 99. Can anyone give me straight facts?What was the youngest and oldest ages of reported HIV positive cases?
A kid can be born HIV positive if the mother is infected with the virus at the time of conception or anytime during the pregnancy. Also, the kid can be infected during breastfeeding during infancy from the breast-milk. (Put it this way - Any contact with bodily fluids of an infected individual gives anyone a chance of contracting the disease.)

No comments:

Post a Comment