Friday, May 14, 2010

I have two handmade pillow cases that I want to display perhaps on a wall while protecting them. Any ideas?

I don't have to display the whole pillow case, they can be folded. The edge of one is hand embroidered so I would want that to show. The other doesn't have any embroidery but it was handmade. I would like to display them on a wall as decoration.I have two handmade pillow cases that I want to display perhaps on a wall while protecting them. Any ideas?
If you want to do this yourself, it is really quite easy. You will want to buy a frame which has acid free components and non-reflective glass to protect your treasures from deterioating, yellowing and from UVB/UVA light. Michaels craft stores carry them, but wait for their ad when they are running the 40-50% off cupons.





If you frame them individually, a neat effect would be to fold the edged one in half, stuff it with a little batting and put it in a shadow box. But you can find a unique enough selection of frames to do just about anything. Although you buy a frame that is archival, I still would avoid hanging them in direct sunlight. They even have triangle shaped archival frames for flags which might be an interesting way to fold the handmade non-embroidered in.I have two handmade pillow cases that I want to display perhaps on a wall while protecting them. Any ideas?
Have a professional framer put them in a shadowbox! :)
put them in a fame %26amp; put them on the wall
Buy a shadow box. It is a wall frame that is usually 1 to 2 inches deep. You can fold the pillowcase or lay it out flat.





Any frame shop should have these in stock.





Walmart occasionally does also.





This shows samples of shadow boxes.





http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2%26amp;sv鈥?/a>
can spray them with Scotch guard and that will keep them from turning yellow in time

No comments:

Post a Comment