Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How can I swap 2 entire computers for their cases?

Well, basically.





I have a good computer, small case. I have a weak computer, big nice case.





I want to swap the computers entirely. My question is, is there any caution I should take before I start?





Right now, I just have both computer towers laying by each other. I am trying to see if its possible for just myself to swap them in a safe matter.





Any tips that could help. If you would like more info about the computers, please do ask. I really want to see if I can do this.





Thanks for the feedback.How can I swap 2 entire computers for their cases?
It's a combination of needing more information on both our and your parts.





It's possible that the cases will work just fine with the other parts, but it's not really worth it if you don't know what you're doing.





You could probably do it, but you would need to know more first. Open them up and see which cables and such come from the case, fans, etc. Make sure your motherboard or power supply can use them, just by looking at the pins or whatever.





There is also another issue; the motherboard-case interface thingy. Can't think of another way to describe it. If you look in the back of your case, where all your USB inputs and onboard sound and everything are, there's usually a little thing that pops in. It comes with the motherboard you buy, and you pop it into the case so that there's no empty spaces for the motherboard ports. If you bought OEM stuff, it probably won't be removable, so you may have to cut it off.How can I swap 2 entire computers for their cases?
Unless both of those computers are custom built then you cannot switch the cases. The connectors vary from case to case. You will probably not be able to connect the power button. Which means it won't work.
As long as both cases are ATX and not BTX and your motherboard is either mATX or ATX u good to go

No comments:

Post a Comment