Friday, January 22, 2010

How can I get a list of cases for which the Supreme Court has denied Certiorari?

As I understand it, lawyers apply for Writs of Certiorari, but the Supreme Court denies the vast majority of them. Can I somehow get a list of recent Certiorari denials and the details of the cases involving the denials?





I would be interested in comparing characteristics of cases resulting in denials with those resulting in Writs being awarded.How can I get a list of cases for which the Supreme Court has denied Certiorari?
I don't know that they are published. The list would literally be thousands upon thousands of cases long.





The two main things the Court looks for in deciding whether to grant cert. is whether there is a major disagreement over a matter of importance between the circuits or whether there is a fundamental constitutional violation.

No comments:

Post a Comment